Vast knowledge in our practice. Case-making resources at our fingertips.
Partner | Leader, Personal Injury Group
Phil Sieff achieves justice for those who suffer serious injury or death at the hands of others. More than 20 years of trial experience handling over 75 wrongful death cases makes Phil a highly effective advocate for clients coping with the wrongful death of a loved one, particularly a child. His experience in complex, high-profile cases includes lead co-counsel of the I-35W Bridge Collapse legal team, the Red Lake High School Shooting, the Wellstone Plane Crash, and the Holidazzle Parade Disaster. He has obtained numerous million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients.
Phil also practices Product Liability and Medical Malpractice and has significant experience helping crime victims and people dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). As a leader in both the legal profession and the community, Phil makes substantial volunteer contributions supporting the delivery of legal services.
Phil Sieff and Chris Messerly Represent Injured Police Officers, Pro Bono, in Lawsuit Against Full Metal Gun Shop
- Officers injured in New Hope shooting sue gun dealer (MPRnews, March 7, 2017)
- Tevlin: It’s a first of its kind suit against gun shop owner (StarTribune, March 6, 2017)
- New Hope City Council shooting survivors file lawsuit (Kare11, March 7, 2017)
- Officers hurt in New Hope City Hall shooting sue gun dealer (Fox 9, March 7, 2017)
- Officers Suing Dealer Who Provided Gun In New Hope City Hall Shooting (CBS Minnesota, March 7, 2017)
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2012-2016 editions)
- Named a “Minnesota Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers (2000-2016)
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association for providing at least 50 hours of pro bono legal services (2015-2016)
- Selected by Minnesota Lawyer as one of its “Attorneys of the Year” (2008, 2016)
Philip Sieff Case Results
Description of Incident
Description of Damages
Description of Awards
Description of Incident I-35W Bridge Collapse.Description of Damages Resulted in 13 deaths and many people critically injured.Description of Awards More than $77 million.
Description of Incident Two young men involved in a traffic collision caused by a methadone-impaired driver.Description of Damages Resulted in death.Description of Awards $8.5 million.
Description of Incident A student went on a shooting rampage at the high school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation.Description of Damages Resulted in the deaths of 10 people.Description of Awards Confidential settlement.
Description of Incident Wellstone plane crashDescription of Damages Wrongful death of Senator Wellstone and six members of his family and staff.Description of Awards $25 million settlement.
Description of Incident An out-of-control vehicle struck spectators during the Holidazzle Parade in Minneapolis.Description of Damages Resulted in death and serious injury for some spectators, including a young girl who lost her arm.Description of Awards $3.8 million.